Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cold, drizzle= crawfish festival





My friend Shannon, who vends at this event every year, says the weather is guaranteed to be lousy. I volunteered this year because the event benefits the local Alzheimer's association. Volunteer set-up didn't go quite as well as I might have liked, but I did work for 3 hours, then got the family and brought them back for crawfish. It was too cold for beer, so I gave my vouchers to Shannon, who was stuck there for the duration. She got to come home to a warm, dry house. Here are some shots of us playing with our small, stinky food.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

Sorry to have missed you there! Hub's band opened the festival (winners of The Great Unsigned from last year) so I was there shivering, too... altho I passed on the crawling foods!

Diane Thornton said...

They sounded great! Wish I had taken some photos of them, but after I touched the crawfish, I was reluctant to touch my camera again until I had scoured my hands.