Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ann Hood, "Knitting Circle" is coming to Memphis!!!


If you do not live in Memphis, check out Ann's website and see if she is visiting a bookstore near you (hopefully a wonderful independent bookseller). We are fortunate to have Davis-Kidd Booksellers here and their special event and marketing staff are phenomenal. I met with them in January and they gave me several copies of Knitting Books and asked if I, we, MemphisSnB/DK Knitters had any suggestions etc. They are wonderful and accommodating and we enjoy meeting there bi-weekly (no matter what special event they're hosting) and knitting, chatting, noshing etc. Today Katherine (marketing) called to tell me that Ann Hood, the heart-warming author of "Knitting Circle" was coming! Mark your calendar:

Ann Hood, "Knitting Circle"
May 30th, 6 p.m.
Davis Kidd Booksellers
387 Perkins Road Extended, Memphis, TN

Ann is rumored to call this leg of her book tour the "BBQ tour" and I am waiting to hear back from her (or more likely her publicist) because I know several of us would love to take her out for lunch, dinner, drinks or a massage (but even I draw the line at a massage with BBQ sauce, yuck!). Stay tuned to this site for more information. If you have NOT purchased your very own copy of this book, please purchase it from Davis Kidd. I know you can get it for less at Amazon etc, but they aren't bringing Ann to town now are they?

No comments: