Monday, October 03, 2005

Mom's Purse


My mother's birthday present. I offered to make her a hat or scarf (mainly as an excuse to buy luxurious cashmere yarn) but she remembered a purse I made for Michelle's birthday and asked for a purse. I made it different than Michelle's, of course! it's 10x9x3 in theory. Knit out of very washable yarn (nothing I'd make a sweater or hat out of) I cast on 12 or 13 on the bottom and knit in seedstitch on size 6 needles for 10 inches. then picked up and knit in the round. I just got lucky that it worked out to an odd number, believe me I didn't plan that far ahead. Then I put a knit row in the middle for some variety and the top is K2P2 ribbing. I will throw a piece of carboard or plastic in the bottom for some stability and it probably should be lined, but it's unlikely that I will! If she hates it, it's going to be your birthday present...so act surprised.

1 comment:

cookingforjp said...

Diane,
what a beautiful purse. I never noticed in your posts that you had a blog. I need to add yours to my links.
Thanks for sharing.