Thursday, June 21, 2007

Miss Dashwood wears her heart on her ankles


These hats (Miss Dashwood) were knit in Bunny Hop on size 5 needles. I altered the pattern because I am a knitter and it's what we do. The socks or booties are just a tiny toe up sock made with what is probably 100% cotton sock weight on size 1's, short-row heel and toe on 14 stitches with an embossed heart that was later outlined using a single strand of the hat yarn and a simple 2x2 ribbing at the top. The lilac ones are done on 16 stitches, lace heart outline and a picot bindoff. I apologize for the wretched lighting. what I need is to borrow a baby for the photo, but I do not know any babies these days. These are a gift for one of William's Kendo teacher and his wife who are expecting their first child (purple and yellow booties) and for Diane M's first grandbaby (pastel set with lace-work heart)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: