- Knitting is 2 handed, with one hand being a bit more active or dominant
- yarn can be manipulated with either the right or the left hand
- stitches can move off the right onto the left needle without hell freezing over
- patterns do NOT have to be reversed except for button bands (and that depends on gender) and occasionally asymmetrical patterns
- shaping does NOT have to be reserved all the time, it depends on how you knit (that rule applies to right handed combination knitters too)
- it is MORE important to understand how to do something than to blindly follow any pattern (so patterns should say "right leaning decrease" instead of K2tog.
- Knitting graphs are universal, look for them and use them left to right
- My DVD teaches left handed people how to knit LEFT handed correctly, most websites and books do NOT and one wonders how they've been in publication this long with these errors!
- ALL knitters deserve to know there's more than one method of knitting out there. Expose yourself to something new, you might like it.