Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oops, I did it again




William blew out the thumb of the kote I had only repaired (but the repair was in another spot and held). Today I discovered there was no repairing that thumb. some of it appears to be missing. So once again I called Gossett-san and asked to borrow the upholstery thread. I really should just buy my own. Thankfully I had enough leather left and already had another palm cut out (probably from when I foolishly thought I would repair both of them at the same time). The good news is that this time it only took me two hours start to finish. There must be a wicked learning curve on the repair of kotes. Now he's set for practice tomorrow and aside from a bloody finger (I was distracted by fighting children and punctured the heck out of my index finger), no frosty adult beverages or even sailor language was required this time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: